Friday 5 April 2013

So impressed, she joined the team. Introducing Kate Kelly.

BBC Radio Suffolk listeners may remember Kate Kelly being interviewed about her rubbish on Mark's show last year.
 
The Diet transformed my bin” says Kate who took the 2012 Rubbish Diet Challenge. “I thought it might be a real pain, and that I’d need to make lifestyle changes to get my waste down. But Karen’s down to earth approach made it really simple.

I discovered I was throwing away stuff I could recycle – for example plastic bags! And I had no idea how many things could be recycled at the local Household Waste Recycling Centres even if they couldn’t go into the kerbside collection.

In eight weeks, I cut down from half my landfill bin to just a small shopping bag’s worth of waste in a fortnight. And although there’s the odd blip at Christmas, my waste bin is still largely empty when I put it out.” 
 
Kate is now such a fan of the Rubbish Diet that she will be helping Karen to support the BBC Radio Suffolk Rubbish Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment